Creative Eye



So I guess this is before I really started getting into photography.
I felt like how you compose the picture is not truly important when you can just capture everything with a "cheapo" camera with high pixels, so I started taking random pictures when I go travelling everywhere.
I took picture when I feel like it and when I think it's a nice scene.
Now when I look back, my random pictures are actually not bad.
I guess that's what people call it a "creative eye".

I like travelling a lot, as much as I like photography right now.
It's fun to explore things that you have never been exposed to.
Places like Chicago are so beautiful and have a place in my heart.
I wish I could explore more of the beauty of Chicago last time when I was there, because this city is just fascinating.
It was really funny how I took this picture.
Since I was using a "cheapo" camera, everything is in auto mode, ISO, shutter speed and the other junk.
We were in the car, driving down I-80, I believe. It was probably passed the Chicago Skyline.
The car was going 60 mph, from my estimation.
I was sitting by the window, holding my camera and just clicked the shutter button.
Except that the pole was in the way and how the scene is not leveled with the horizon, it was fairly good.
Oh, and the shutter speed was a little off too.  

This one is probably a better picture, except the sky was clearly over exposed. But it wasn't that big of a deal.
Took this one in the car also.
I think it was because of the window itself that blocks UV light. That's why the colors of the pictures that I took in the car were not as dynamic as it is outside.



Finally a picture that is taken outside.
The color finally "popped out". Everything falls into place. Well exposed. 
And truly captured the beauty of Chicago.
The buildings in front of the tall one were so old-styled. I liked the style of the building a lot.



This one was nice too. But also, the sky was a little over exposed.
The trip was long time ago. Actually it was last year spring break.
I missed Chicago so much that I wrote a blog post about it right now almost a year after the trip.
I wish I can go to Chicago sometime again in my life.
This Blog post was not meant to brag about my picture taking skills, because those are not even close to professional photo. I don't even think I take super fantastic pictures.
I just want to say and cannot emphasize more that having a creative eye or taking really nice pictures does not require a Canon 5D mark II and a bunch of professional models.
What I meant by that is you should just explore the world and enjoy, more than worrying about what kind of camera you have.
Because there is no black and white, right or wrong, in art.
The world is out there, but it depends on you. Whether you decide to explore it or not.

留言