Movie: End Game is good but mega-stan Avatar 2

It has been a few months ago with the whole End Game hype huh? I feel like I'm so late for talking about this now. But I have to use End Game as a stepping stone to talk about Avatar 2. This is the content no one asked for but that's what you are getting. I vividly remember it came out in May because I was miserably cramming for finals while some of these ******* around me have so much time to fool around they have the time to watch End Game more than once during finals season. Scrolling through Twitter, half of my timeline is filled with tweets that literally threaten people not to spoil the plot. The funniest one was when Taylor Swift stans spoiling End Game to the haters who didn't like the song "Me!" What a weird timeline we lived in.

I digress.

I went back home after finals to see my mom and brother. Now, I haven't watched much of the Avengers series besides Infinity War and End Game. It's just too much for me. On the other hand, my brother and my dad are pretty big Sci-fi movie fans, even though my brother enjoys Star Wars more and my dad enjoys the Avengers more. But they are into the whole Marvel vs DC debate. So I decided to nag my brother, who was still in school, to watch End Game with me in our crackhead local movies.

First of all, the movie was three hours. Let that sink in. My biggest problem with the Avengers is that there are so many characters to keep up with and it's so obvious that they tried pretty hard to distribute similar airtime for each one so that we can see every character. It was more obvious in Infinity War. I think End Game was definitely better where every scene has its purpose. It wasn't there for no reason because it leads up to the turn of events. And of course, the last fight scene was absolutely epic, no argument in that. Especially with Black Panther, they really gave Black Panther the respect they deserve.

Anyway, we have all seen how many awards this movie has won and the hype around it. I would say it's well deserve, but of course there is always this group of people who are so salty about End Game not being the top grossing movie of all time because Avatar is sitting well in its throne, unbothered. I have to give credit to Nathan Zed for talking about this because I too feel really strongly about some of these salty Avengers fan wanting to beat Avatar so badly just for the sake of stan culture.

Please watch Nathan Zed's video:

Another thing I wanted to add to this commentary is that Avatar touches on so many important themes of social issues that people often overlook. It is literally a movie about anti-colonialism anti-imperialism presented and packaged in such a beautiful silhouette. You get sci-fi if you walk in wanting sci-fi. You walk out with things to think about. It was this utopia world that raises so many thoughts in our heads after the movie.

This isn't to shit on Avengers because obviously the times were different when this whole series started, but it followed such a traditional track of sci-fi that it doesn't have any underlying nuances in the plot unlike Avengers. Infinity War and End Game sold so well because of the credibility that it has built up for itself over the decades for being one of the must-watch all time classic. Living in the age of realism, no matter how much you want to deny it, realism is selling. It's appealing because people start to realize things from the internet. Jordan Peele movies, Black mirror, Black Panther, Attack of Titans. It's exciting but the best part is that the movie doesn't end when end credits display on the screen. It makes you think.after leaving the theater.

With that being said, I am so excited for Avatar 2. And you should be as well.

留言