Practicing Manifestation

    So, manifestation twitter is back at it again with these crazy manifesting sessions for a healthy relationship, employment, and grill cheese sandwiches, even during CRUSH FASTING season! crazy. Apparently, if you tweet that you are manifesting something, the summoning circle cult of your twitter followers will help you attain whatever witchcraft you are manifesting for.

    Ok enough shitposting. Manifestation has become such a thing recently that it feels like such a shitposting joke to talk about. But I think manifestation is actually important in life, whether you call that "wishing it into existence" or "positive vibes," I had a lot of instances when life told me to practice manifestation and I think it's time to remind myself to manifest the good things in life.

    Storytime. Throwback to almost a year ago when I was on a 5 hour Spirit flight back to Michigan from LA. On that flight, a black older woman was sitting next to me, I will never dare to even forget the conversation we had for 5 whole hours. It truly changed my life and sometimes I still think about it.

    I was so bored once the flight took off and the signal was gone. At the time, I don't know why I played Bejeweled Blitz to pass time. It was definitely a good childhood game, it felt kinda refreshing to play. 

    This woman sitting next to me decided to talk to me, "Seems like a lot of people like playing that game, is it fun?" 

    "Yeah it's pretty good to pass time when there's no internet!" I said.

    We then started talking about me being a student a Michigan. She retired from a government military office job at Michigan. I told her I am working on job searching *as per usual smh* and am nervous about my career path. She proceeded to ask me if I am religious. It was pretty sudden. Even though my family is religious, I don't resonate with religion anymore. Growing up seeing the world and my traumas being torn apart like that by religious arguments made me stray away from any religious beliefs. I was a little hesitant to tell her that. But I told her "no" anyway.

    "It doesn't matter if you believe in the god that Christianity believes in, or Islam believes in, or whatever religion believes in. But spiritually, I think it wouldn't make sense that human beings are the highest power in the universe. There has to be a higher power working the ways in your life. The world is so intricate that human beings cannot just navigate it on their own. So even if you don't believe in a religious god, believe in something spiritually. That's what gives us humans hope."

      Somehow she was so open-minded and what she said shocked me and left me intrigued. I told her, "Wow..... I actually have never thought about that deeper. But I think you could be right. I do see some of my friends connect to some form of spirituality to stay in touch with themselves. That's incredible to me."

    She proceeded to tell me about energy in the world. She said that everything in the world is made out of energy, scientifically from the atoms to the energy of human emotions. That's why sometimes people don't have to say what they are feeling, you can feel their energy. Or, sometimes you can feel a person's energy that they are there behind your back without needing to see them physically because you can feel their existence. She went into how food is also energy and talked about different cultural food. Something that I was so grateful to learn from her was that the salt and spices that people with richer melanin need in their food are so special because it's their energy and magic -- that's why you see darker-skinned people having cultural food rich in spices. It is our magic. This was so inspiring.

    This is the same with a higher power. You can see the higher power as your higher self, greater energy within you. As you connect with your spirituality, you are manifesting whatever energy you feed into yourself. For instance, if you feed yourself into negativity, your inner self will guide you negatively, and vice versa. Religiously, people call that praying, but really it's channeling your energy to keep your life balanced!

    She was really onto something. A lot of times people use the cliche "believe in yourself" when a lot of times it's just not so easy to. The way she explained this cliche made a lot of nuances for me and opened my eye. You have to guide your own life to whatever you are destined to do. If you feel right about things and manifest it, it will come to you naturally. I think that's why people always say there will always be a path if it's meant for your life. There are so many possible outcomes in life but somehow out of the millions of outcomes, this is the one path you have to embark on, I think we should see that as something special for us instead!

    This has definitely been a challenging yet special summer for all of us with the pandemic. I decided to write this post because my stress and worries started to creep back up to me. But I am glad to be reminded to manifest my energies. I have been so proud of myself for owning up to the credibility that I fully deserve for the incredible skills and experiences I have. This was a good reminder that if I believe and talk it into existence, I can achieve whatever I want to. Because it's the magic in us. So for the rest of this summer, let's manifest some ~positive vibes~ because we fucking deserve it.

    As we part ways after stepping foot into the DTW airport, I told myself... I will never forget her. She was destined to cross paths with me and enlighten me.

留言